Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C
Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C :- Galaxy Note 5’s Android 7.0 Nougat just touched the ground in Turkey. The firmware rolled out for SM-N920C variant for now, which means it will follow other variants any moment. If you own N920C variant of the Note 5, you certainly are lucky as you can update your phone & easily Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C, regardless of your region. Users inside Turkey can check the OTA update by going into settings > about device > software updates. If you are unable to capture it through the OTA update option then the manual update is your way to go. An overview of the new features and changes is given before the installation process.
The new Android 7.0 Nougat brings a new lock-screen with a new UI for notifications. Notification panel itself has been renovated. The status bar icons, toggle icons and the notification panel have been revamped. New icons for all the applications and a new settings application are a part of this update. You will also notice new icons in the settings application. Several applications have got a new UI in this update. Apart from the heavy UI changes, Samsung has also enhanced the performance of the Note 5. Battery improvements are there as well. Android 7.0 Nougat for the Galaxy Note 5 is an update worth flashing on your phone.
To Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C firmware manually, we will be taking the help of Samsung’s flashtool named as Odin. You can download the firmware regardless of your country/region as long as your phone’s model number if N920C. Once you have got your hands on the firmware files, you can follow the procedure to install it.
The firmware linked below is completely untouched and official. It doesn’t contain any tweaks or anything that can damage your device. It will also not result in voiding the warranty. If your device is previously rooted, you will eventually loose the root access because of the new firmware. It’s safe to flash and it will keep the bootloader status official. Have a look on the steps now and install official Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C.
Early Preparations :-
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
Backup SMS Messages
Backup Call Logs
Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
Backup EFS – If rooted, otherwise skip this step.
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firmware. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C :-
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.12.3
- Firmware for N920C: Download Android 7 Nougat for N920C
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 files.
Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C :-
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Note 5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- Now in Odin, selects the files one by one as shown in the picture.
- Select BL tab and select the BL file in it.
- Select AP tab and select the PDA or AP file in it.
- Select CP tab and select the CP file in it.
- Select CSC tab and select HOME_CSC file in it.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s it ! You are done with process to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on your Galaxy Note 5 N920C device.
Have any queries regarding how to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C ? Or if any download link to Download & Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920C, provided here does not work for you, then just make sure that you drop a comment in the comment section below and we will be more than happy to help you out. Good Luck!