Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop
Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop :- As we know that now days, mostly every good smartphone device can be easily upgraded/updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop using the AOSP custom ROMs, generally CyanogenMod 12 or OmniROM. The most common ones are CM12 custom ROM and AOSP sources. Not all devices have been as lucky to receive the Official Lollipop ROM. So, this time we have brought for you CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One, using which you will be easily able to Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop. The available version of Android 5.0 Lollipop to install on HTC One is Alpha 2. The earlier versions to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One were not much stable and hence were not suitable for installation. It is time for users of HTC One to Update HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop.Here you can also download Android 5.0 Lollipop for HTC One.
This CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One is not a SDK, but the ROM itself. Hence it can be flashed via TWRP or CWM recovery. Since this is still in its Alpha stage, there might be some issues with this CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One, but overall it is safe & secure. Few apps might not work. However, this CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One can be consider as a Daily driver. In this Article, we will show you How to Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop. After going through this post you will be able to easily download & install Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One and hence you will Update HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop. This is not an official release from HTC but a CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One. You will first of all, need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One and your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One features and some important early preparations , then we can flash this custom ROM on HTC One.
Early Preparations :-
1. This Update of Android 5.0 Lollipop is exclusively for HTC One only :-
This latest CM12 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM update is compatible only with the HYC One. This is the only model for which the latest update of Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One is availabe, exclusively. In order to check your device’s model number, just go to the Settings > About Device on your device and check your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device model will result in breaking it. So kindly first make sure that you check this before you Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM12 Custom ROM.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 80% :-
Make sure that your device battery is charged over 80 % before you download & install CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One Android 5.0 Lollipop. This is very important in order to perfectly complete the Update HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop using the CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One flashing process. If in case your battery is low and your device switches off during the CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One flashing process, you are likely to end up soft bricking your device because of incomplete flashing process. This also very important in the process of download & install Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One using CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery :-
A custom recovery is needed for HTC One, before flashing & installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One. Make sure to do so before you actually Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One.
4. Backup everything on your HTC One device :-
It is adviced, that you should consider backing up each and everything from your HTC One smartphone device before following the processes given in the guide on ” Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop”. This is highly recommended so that, if anything goes wrong while flashing CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One update, you can still have complete access to all your valuable data and you can restore it immediately. Backup ckeck list is given below :-
- Backup all Contacts
- Backup entire Call Logs
- Backup all SMS Messages
- Backup the EFS
- Backup all Media – you can Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this by simply using CWM recovery.
- Titanium Backup – If your devece is already rooted, then use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps, system data and other important content.
The methods/processes involved in flashing CM12 Custom ROM recoveries, installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One and rooting your HTC One smartphone are purely & highly custom and may result in bricking your HTC One device. This has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer, HTC. Also rooting your HTC One device will finish its warranty forever. You will be no longer eligible for any sort of free device services by the manufacturer/warranty providers. In case of any mishappening or if something goes wrong and you damage your HTC One device in any way, we at www.techinvicto.com , shall not be held responsible. The process of download & install Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One may also involve risk. Also, if your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you will never be able to reset it again. Follow these above mentioned instructions strictly to the letter in order to avoid any kind mishap or bricking. Make it clear that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility and at your own risk.
Downloads Required :-
In order to Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop you will need to download Android 5.0 Lollipop for HTC One which you can install. You will also need to download Google Apps. Here are the links given below , both of these files are very important to be downloaded :-
How To Install AOSP Lollipop :-
After you did download Android 5.0 Lollipop for HTC One, here is how you can install Android 5.0 Lollipop on HTC One using CM12 Custom ROM for HTC One :-
- Connect your HTC One device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files you downloaded, to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode on your HTC One. Here’s how :-
- Connect your HTC One device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt , cmd , in Fastboot folder. (ADB & Fastboot Tools Installer).
- Now simply Type: adb reboot bootloader.
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery :-
- Back-up your original initial ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Now go to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Now go to ‘Install zip from sd card’ , another windows will open right in front of you.
- Finally you can Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 5.0.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is complete, Select ” +++++Go Back+++++ “.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
For the TWRP Users :-
- Tap over Back-Up and Select “System and Data”.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Tap over Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider again.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap the “Install” Button.
- Locate the Android 5.0.zip, Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider to “install” it also.
- Once the Installation is successfully complete, you will be promoted to “Reboot System Now”.
- Now select “Reboot Now” to Reboot the System.
The first boot might take up-to half an hour, so you can do something else meanwhile.
I hope after reading above post on ” Upgrade HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop “, you were able to download & install Android 5.0 Lollipop for HTC One and did successfully Update HTC One to Android 5.0 Lollipop, but if you have anything to ask regarding this, you can ask us here in comments.