Free Download & Install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Nexus 6
Free Download & Install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Nexus 6 : The AOSP custom ROM source for Android 5.0 Lollipop has been available to download & install for long time for Nexus series smartphones and here is the latest one for Nexus 6. The binary codes included in this ROM are being provided by Google. Overall you won’t be feeling much of a difference, but under the hood, there are some preety awesome developments done in this latest ROM for Nexus 6, with which you might feel a little extra speed then usual. So it is highly recommended to you to upgrade Nexus 6 with custom ROM & enjoy this Nexus 6 custom ROM update.
Since the TWRP recovery or custom recovery is available for Nexus 6, and those who have flashed this TWRP recovery or custom recovery on their Nexus 6 can easily install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6.This is the best custom ROM available for Nexus 6 and you can download & install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6, by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM made exclusively for Nexus 6. You will need to use some Fastboot commands in order to install this custom ROM and also your device should be rooted. Let me tell you some important early preparations and then we can flash & install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6.
Also read :-
Early Preparations :-
1. This custom ROM update is exclusively for Nexus 6 :-
This latest AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM update is compatible only with the particular device mentioned above.This is the only model for which the latest update AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6 is availabe. In order to check your device’s model number, just go to the Settings > About Device on your device and check your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device model will result in breaking it. So kindly first make sure that you check this before you upgrade Nexus 6 with custom ROM.
2. Device Battery must be charged at least over 80% power :-
Make sure that your device battery is charged over 80 % before you download & install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6. This is very important in order to perfectly complete the Nexus 6 custom ROM update flashing process. If in case your battery is low and your device switches off during the custom ROM flashing process, you are likely to end up soft bricking your device because of incomplete the flashing process. This also very important in the process of download & install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6.
3. Backup all your precious data :-
It is adviced, that you should consider backing up each and everything from your Nexus 6 device before following the processes given in the guide on ” download & install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6″. This is highly recommended so that, if anything goes wrong while flashing Nexus 6 custom ROM update, you can still have complete access to all your precious data and you can restore it immediately. Backup ckeck list is given below :-
- Backup all Contacts
- Backup entire Call Logs
- Backup all SMS Messages
- Backup the EFS
- Backup all Media – you can Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this by simply using CWM recovery.
- Titanium Backup – If your devece is already rooted, then use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps, system data and other important content.
4. Flash a Custom Recovery :-
A custom recovery is required for before flashing & installing AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM on your Nexus 6. Make sure to do so before actually upgrading Nexus 6 with custom ROM.
5. Unlock the Bootloader Of Your Nexus 6 Device :-
Since Nexus devices [including Nexus 6], require an unlocked Bootloader for Customizations, you need to visit the link to Unlock the Bootloader.
The methods/processes involved in flashing custom recoveries, installing AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6 and rooting your NEXUS 6 smartphone are purely & highly custom and may result in bricking your Nexus 6 device. This has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer. Also rooting your Nexus 6 device will finish its warranty forever. You will be no longer eligible for any sort of free device services by the manufacturer/warranty providers. In case of any mishappening or if something goes wrong and you damage your device in any way, we at www.techinvicto.com , shall not be held responsible. The process of download AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6 may involve risk. Also, if your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you will never be able to reset it again. Follow these mentioned instructions to the letter in order to avoid any kind mishap or bricking. Make it clear that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility and at your own risk.
Downloads Required :-
Following are the files required to be downloaded before we move further. These are the files you will require in order to complete the process of ” Free Download & Install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Nexus 6 “.
Download AOSP ROM :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001615065 :- LINK 2 ( CLICK HERE )
DOWNLOAD Gapps :- http://d-h.st/jzr ( CLICK HERE ) LINK 2
How To Free Download & Install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Nexus 6 :-
Here is the complete guide on how to ” Free Download & Install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Nexus 6 ” :-
- Connect your Nexus 6 device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files in order to the root, in your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable, & remove N exus 6 device from your computer.
- Turn Off your Nexus 6 smartphone.
- Open the Bootloader mode. For this purpose, just press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together, until you see some text on black screen.
- Highlight select Recovery In Bootloader, and Press Power Button To Select it.
Also for the TWRP Users :-
- Tap right over the Back-Up and Select System and Data.
- Swipe the Slider to confirm.
- Tap over the Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Sliderin order to confirm.
- Return to the the Main Menu and Tap/select “Install” Button.
- Locate the Lollipop AOSP.zip, Googleapps.zip. Now swipe the Slider so as to install it.
- Once the Installation is completed successfully, you will be promted by a message asking to Reboot System Now.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System on your Nexus 6 device.
I hope this guide on ” Free Download & Install AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Nexus 6 ” must have helped you in upgrade Nexus 6 with latest AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Nexus 6, which is latest Nexus 6 custom ROM update, but if you still face any problem ask us here in comments.
Originally posted 2014-11-24 23:16:29.